Click Handyman Responsibilities. Requirement & Safety
Handymen are general fix-it specialists who use problem-solving and technical skills to solve maintenance problems, usually involving a wide range of repairs, typically around the home. These tasks which include trade skills, repair work, maintenance work, can be both interior and exterior, and are sometimes described as “side work”, “odd jobs” or “fix-up tasks”. Specifically, these jobs could be light plumbing jobs such as fixing a leaking toilet or light electrical jobs such as changing a light fixture.
Handymen Basic Responsibilities
• Cleaning effected by sweeping, dusting etc.
• Perform light repairs
• Paint and fill gaps or crevices (on walls, sidewalks etc.)
• Undertake light installation or carpentry work
• Replace and install electrical, plumbing or air-con parts
• Undertake duties as requested by users or fulfilment of emergency tasks
• Identify and report the need for major repairs
Handymen usually do not need to undergo specialised training or education for purposes of employment or private practice. However, some complex tasks may require the use of specialised tools. CLiCk offers learning programmes that may help such handymen acquire the basic skills and knowledge and these types of programs may focus on a single topic or skill such as electrical, tiling or air-con systems.
Handymen Basic Requirements
• Proven experience as a handyman
• Experience with hardware tools and electrical equipment
• Basic understanding of electrical, plumbing or air-con systems
• Good communication ability
• Well-organized in problem-solving
• Attention to detail
3 Steps in Order to Qualify as a CLiCk handyman
1. Ensure you have the relevant skills and experience
2. Get certified as a CliCk Handyman
3. Always wear a smile
Safety is of the utmost importance and it is our duty and moral responsibility to look after our users and our handymen. We have developed a clear Safety Policy that communicates the overall safety objectives and details how it aims to achieve its commitments.
Our Safety Policy:
• Endorsed by our CLiCk’s management;
• Suitable for the nature and scale of the handymen safety risks;
• Easily comprehensible by all handymen
• Communicated effectively to our handymen to ensure that they are aware of their individual safety obligations
• Reviewed periodically to ensure it is relevant